Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"UnAmerican"

You know, I spend so much of my time surrounded by positive, constructive, kind-hearted people that I easily forget that there remains true evil in the world - and some of it runs agribusiness right here in Southwest Florida.

I think the only thing unAmerican is the fact that Reggie Brown is not in jail. ...But I'll let you decide for yourself. Please read this article from the Naples Daily News on resistance to paying workers an extra one cent per pound for tomatoes picked. (Please keep in mind as you read that the purchasers have agreed to pay that increase; all growers will be doing is passing the penny through from the customer to the laborer.)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/nov/06/deal_pay_more_tomato_pickers_question_after_florid/?breaking_news